Blues Messenger


 is a road trip, from Mississippi to Chicago, with a sprinkle of New Orleans and a pitstop in the Appalachian Mountains. Imagine a dinner party with Son House, Dr. John & Muddy Waters, and a guest appearance by Johnny Cash - not for the faint of heart, but undeniably good for the soul.

More ► https://t.ly/j5r_ Album https://t.ly/xWF0 ''Blues Messenger'' The album cover for 'Blues Messenger' was snapped in Cabanyal, Valencia by the talented Antonio Souto (check out his project 'phonomatonexpress'), a couple of minutes after I made some field recordings in the local church. It took me a while, but during the mastering of this album I realised these field recordings are part of the story: they capture a moment in time, just like the picture. After all these years of hollering on street corners and terraces, I became the songs I was singing. When I look in the mirror, I see the wayfaring stranger. The album was released exactly one year after my debut album ‘After Hours’, which were all originals. ‘Blues Messenger’ is a road trip through my formative years. Son House, Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson: I made their music my own. These albums are completely different, but they belong to the same confession. Forgive me father, cause I have sinned… Yours unfaithfully, Ruben Bertrands

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις